IdyllicStory

A story without an end.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Voting on Applications.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Katie
Member
avatar

Female Posts : 49
Join date : 2011-07-31
Location : Under your bed.<3

PostSubject: Voting on Applications.   Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:18 pm

I think when you apply for a job here at IdyllicStory... it should be mandatory to put a vote. It gives the players a chance to vote on how well the applier should get the job on a scale of 1-5.

1-Excellent
2-Good
3-Decent
4-Poor
5-Atrocious

It might also help with the staff on deciding who should get the job too. Smile.

Back to top Go down
Lexii
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Female Posts : 2439
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 24
Location : Holland

PostSubject: Re: Voting on Applications.   Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:19 pm

haters will vote bad and lovers will vote the best
and a bigger chance of people just asking people to vote nice or making new accounts
besides its not the peoples choice after all for who becomes GM or not

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.idyllicstory.com/vote.php
Spork
Idyllicer
avatar

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Voting on Applications.   Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm

Lexii wrote:
haters will vote bad and lovers will vote the best
and a bigger chance of people just asking people to vote nice or making new accounts
besides its not the peoples choice after all for who becomes GM or not

Seconded.
One thing I may add, a suggestion if you will, is an option for there to be no replies allowed on GM apps. Only by GMs themselves.
Back to top Go down
Lexii
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Female Posts : 2439
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 24
Location : Holland

PostSubject: Re: Voting on Applications.   Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:13 pm

Spork wrote:
Lexii wrote:
haters will vote bad and lovers will vote the best
and a bigger chance of people just asking people to vote nice or making new accounts
besides its not the peoples choice after all for who becomes GM or not

Seconded.
One thing I may add, a suggestion if you will, is an option for there to be no replies allowed on GM apps. Only by GMs themselves.

Honestly spork, i never read the comments on a app Wink

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.idyllicstory.com/vote.php
Spork
Idyllicer
avatar

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Voting on Applications.   Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:18 pm

Lexii wrote:


Honestly spork, i never read the comments on a app Wink

Razz ! Well, that is a good strategy.
I'm actually happy you do that, not that it has anything to do with me.
Just sounds like something that ends up for the better of the server.
Back to top Go down
Korg
Donator
Donator
avatar

Male Posts : 452
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 21
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Voting on Applications.   Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:08 am

Spork wrote:
Lexii wrote:


Honestly spork, i never read the comments on a app Wink

Razz ! Well, that is a good strategy.
I'm actually happy you do that, not that it has anything to do with me.
Just sounds like something that ends up for the better of the server.

Comments aren't important actually. It's just that players can give a message to the maker of the application. You should just look to the app itself if you wanna know if he/she might be suitable for the job.
Back to top Go down
Niki
Forum freak
avatar

Male Posts : 128
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 21
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Voting on Applications.   Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:40 am

Comments are worth of nothing
Back to top Go down
Katie
Member
avatar

Female Posts : 49
Join date : 2011-07-31
Location : Under your bed.<3

PostSubject: Re: Voting on Applications.   Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:50 am

Hm... I don't think so. I think you gms should give the players a chance to tell their minds. There might be some information that the applier forgot and another player might mention. I think for a good community... you should also give like 30% consideration to the players when choosing a GM.

Yes... I do agree that players might bribe other players to vote but there might be some decent players that actually vote depending on the application.

Besides... a community (server) is based of the people. If the staff isn't living up to what the players want... then they have a high chance of leaving. Trust. I've been to many servers that had CRAPPY GM's because they weren't professional, unbearable, or just abusing their powers.

You should give this a second thought or at least let the community have a say in who they want to be a GM in this server or not.
Back to top Go down
Lexii
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Female Posts : 2439
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 24
Location : Holland

PostSubject: Re: Voting on Applications.   Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:20 am

I never had problem with choosing a GM without asking regular players before

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.idyllicstory.com/vote.php
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Voting on Applications.   

Back to top Go down
 
Voting on Applications.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» MLB 2011 All-Star Ballot voting...
» Voting Styles
» Lasers for Medical Applications: Diagnostics, Therapy and Surgery (Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials)
» Practical Sonochemistry, Second Edition: Power Ultrasound Uses and Applications
» MSA TORA TASCAR Season 4 - Community Choice Race Voting

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IdyllicStory :: IdyllicStory :: Suggestions-
Jump to: