IdyllicStory

A story without an end.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Trojan in Main Idyllicstory Download

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Trojan in Main Idyllicstory Download   Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:50 am

There was a Trojan in the download for the Idyllicstory client, specifically Game Thief. This was not a problem until about a week ago, when Kaspersky found it to be a Trojan, and it needed "special disinfection". The point is, I want Gabe to look into this, because whenever I try to download the client, Kaspersky systematically disables finishing the download. Exact information below

8/9/2010 8:27:34 PM Detected: Trojan-GameThief.Win32.OnLineGames.wyyy Firefox http://download614.mediafire.com/5bjmv4bxq0pg/5lz4zz5iwg3/IdyllicStory.rar//IdyllicStory.exe

Picture

It's just Idyllicstory.exe, not the other stuff.
So you can still extract the stuff into the GMS folder, but it deletes the Idyllicstory.exe, and no, I can't just disable my Anti-Virus program because I can only disable it willingly for an hour, and then when it comes back up, it says the program is infected and needs special disinfection. Hope you can do something about GameThief, Gabe. bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trojan in Main Idyllicstory Download   Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:53 am

That is kinda normal for some anti virus detect trojans that dont exist on private servers client. Just put kaspesky ignoring your v62 folder and it'll be working with no problems. Dont worry its not a problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trojan in Main Idyllicstory Download   Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:54 am

Download a different virus software. Kaspersky always has orgasms like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trojan in Main Idyllicstory Download   Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:58 am

dafire911189 wrote:
The point is, I want Gabe to look into this, because whenever I try to download the client, Kaspersky systematically disables finishing the download.

Please re-read this before telling him kaspersky is wrong. Wrong or not, it is preventing him from playing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trojan in Main Idyllicstory Download   Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:59 am

But I love Kaspersky's Orgams ...., and it's a very good program-you have to buy it, but it's worth it.

http://www.kaspersky.com/viruswatch3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trojan in Main Idyllicstory Download   Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:09 am

Still, some anti virus dont like private servers and they say the client has non existable trojans. Dont worry about it. Put to ignore the v62 folder and you'll be okay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trojan in Main Idyllicstory Download   Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:55 am

You don't get it, whenever I try to download the client, when it's finished loading, it automatically...well, deletes idyllicstory, so I can't disable the program because right when it's done dowloading, crap happens. No, I cannot get another software because I already paid for it, and I will not because Kaspersky is one of the worlds best computer security programs:) Yea, norton is cool too, but I like this better, I'm more familliar with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trojan in Main Idyllicstory Download   Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:38 pm

ive uploaded a new client (whit some edits i think you would like):
megaupload.com 5CEHRMTP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trojan in Main Idyllicstory Download   Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:07 pm

Hey I have Kaspersky too. What youo do is open Kaspersky and click settings in top right corner. Then u click the option dont delete suspicious items. (u can still manually delete other threats easily) Then even if it shows up keep it (just the game client) in ur recycle bin so it doesnt pop up in ur notifications when u dont need it that ther is a trojan u can just restore it and put it bak later
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trojan in Main Idyllicstory Download   Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:21 pm

Ok, I'll try that.
Thanks =))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trojan in Main Idyllicstory Download   

Back to top Go down

Trojan in Main Idyllicstory Download
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1